Saturday, July 14, 2007

Online Internet Marketing - Blogs Affect on the Masses

by Sydney Nelson

There's an old saying that says the only thing you can count on is change. Everything changes and nothing stays the same forever. That's certainly true for the Internet, particularly in the methods used by the major search engines like Google to rank Websites in their search listing. Before the search engines upgraded their search algorithm, Webmasters would use techniques such as stuffing pages with hundreds of keywords in order to increase the keyword density of the page. Often the color of the keywords would be the same color of the page's background so you wouldn't see all the meaningless words, but the search engine spiders would pick them up and give the page a higher standing in the search results page.

The search engines eventually caught up with all of those types of unscrupulous methods and will actually penalize or blacklist domains that practice those methods. The entire Internet is experiencing a paradigm shift as technology continues its evolution. One of the major changes is the way the search engines look at information, and consumer generated media, like blogs; which are increasingly a major consideration in search engine's algorithms.

It's not necessarily the search engines consider people's opinions to be more valid than news or information providers. The fact is the major bolgs are continually being updated with new information. Some of the major blogs have thousands of updates on a daily basis. Websites with continual updates are a prime consideration with the search engines because they consider them to be more valid than sites that are stagnant and rarely update their information.

As a result, over 40% of search results contain consumer generated media, or blogs; according to Bob Cefail of In Touch Media, Inc. The search engines are not going to "consider the source", if you will. They simply consider the busiest sites to be the best sites. This can sometimes have a significant impact on people's perceptions. Because there's generally no editor between the blogger and the general public, blogs can significantly affect a business' image or a political platform. Evident by the tremendous effect blogs had on the last presidential election.

If you're familiar with Matt Drudge, then you know his site has a very powerful following on political issues. Sure, he posts the real news but in the beginning, according to Widipedia.com, "The original issues of the Drudge Report were part gossip and part opinion." And now the site has a worldwide influence on the masses!

The paradigm shift in the Internet information consolidation includes top runners like Technorati.com and numerous other blog directories like BloggerTalk.com. Major article hubs like GoArticles.com and others, are a prime source of information on a variety of topics. And most of the articles are written by the average person who has knowledge or opinions in a certain area. Each of the major article hubs can easily contain hundreds of thousands of articles. But the fact is they are simply super-blogs!

So although you can use a blog for personal reasons like staying in touch with family, friends and co-workers, a blog can be a very powerful marketing tool for promoting your services or products. As you develop a large following, your blog can become a centralized resource for a number of people who are interested in a particular topic. And you can easily monetize your blog by including Google AdSense ads, or sell advertising space to similar blogs or businesses.

The world is changing rapidly and instant access to information is a major player as the reason for that change. Politics, businesses reputation and local issues are just a few of the areas that will increasingly be affected by blogs and their standing in the major search engines.

About the Author

Sydney Nelson is a Microsoft MCP and has a BIT Degree. Please go to http://PromoBlackBoxZone.com for info on enhancing your site's web presence. More articles on Internet Marketing can be found at http://blog.PromoBlackBoxZone.com.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who discuss about
many
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this web site by my cousin.

I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

Look at my site: paleoernährung

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog
platform are you using for this website?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My page; paläo ernährungspyramide
my site - gewichtsweste test

Anonymous said...

I visited several blogs but the audio feature for audio songs present
at this site is really superb.

my website Aroma Oel Massage
Also see my web page :: Ganzkörpermassage

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, because I am truly keen of reading this website's post to be
updated regularly. It includes pleasant material.


Here is my weblog: schnelle diäten kostenlos

Anonymous said...

I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from
now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

My web page; wordpress grundlagenkurs
My webpage - wordpress toturial

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web site, for
the reason that i wish for enjoyment, since this this website conations genuinely
fastidious funny stuff too.

my web blog - wordpress installation anleitung

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.
I'm attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

my page ... meta description länge

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to
find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
If you have any recommendations, please share.
With thanks!

Here is my webpage ... gourmet rezepte

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem really easy with your presentation but I to find
this topic to be actually one thing which I feel I might by no means understand.
It kind of feels too complex and extremely wide for me.
I am taking a look ahead to your subsequent post, I'll try to get the grasp of it!

My site: soziales kapital

Anonymous said...

Hi, I desire to subscribe for this website to take hottest
updates, therefore where can i do it please help.

My page - 4 leiner lenkmatten fliegen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are
just extremely excellent. I really like what you have obtained here,
really like what you are stating and the way in which by which you say it.
You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible.
I can't wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific website.

My web site ... essen wie neandertaler
My website :: paleo diät anfangen

Anonymous said...

I truly love your site.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this web site yourself?

Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own personal site and would love to learn where you got this from or what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

Also visit my blog - anleitung lenkmatte

Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's
new to me. Regardless, I'm definitely happy I discovered it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!



My page buy wordpress themes